Req Number 001HJZ
Job Category Security
The LEAD SECURITY OFFICER leads and guides Security Officers. Protects and safeguards hospital property, personnel, patients and visitors. Maintains order, detects crime and works to prevent future occurrences; operates hospital vehicles; enforces Hospital Security policies.
• Assists management in assigning work and monitoring performance.
Monitors buildings and grounds to protect life and property and to prevent fire, thefts, vandalism, illegal entry and enforce the policies of the hospital.
Enforces facility parking regulations.
Enforces access control policy.
Controls and regulates pedestrian and vehicular traffic in a safe, orderly and respectful manner.
Operates and maintains facility vehicles in accordance with regulatory compliance and policies.
Operates and maintains all security and facility equipment in accordance with manufacturers guidelines and facility policies.
Writes incident reports, which are complete, concise and comply with reporting policies to maintain accurate documentation of events.
Performs related duties, as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• Valid NYS Security Guard License. Valid NYS CDL Permit (Class B-with Passenger Certification valid for air brakes), required. License to be obtained within 6 months of employment.
• International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) basic training within 6 months of employment.
• Minimum two (2) year of experience as a Security Officer, preferred.