Req Number 001HWE
Job Category Medical Records
Utilizes multiple resources including accessing hospital databases to identify all eligible patients in accordance with New York State Department of Health and Commission on Cancer requirements.
Utilizes registry software to accession each eligible cancer patient.
· Requests needed medical documentation and clarification from physicians to support registry abstract.
Conducts patient follow-up activities throughout the twelve month cycle in accordance with Commission on Cancer Standards.
Obtains ongoing patient treatment information from multiple sources to insure data quality, treatment outcome and survival information.
Completes cancer registry abstracts in accordance with FORDS, ICD-0 and MP/H manuals, and TNM and Collaborative Stage schemas.
· Assembles data collected by the cancer registry by preparing reports, which summarize the cancer experience of the hospital and maintains necessary logs as support documentation.
· Collects data and medical information through the use of multiple software applications.
· Assists and collaborates with clinicians and colleagues, and other departments on cancer-related studies.
· Maintains department quality control procedures.
· Assists in the preparation and coordination of activities of the Cancer Program, including accreditation.
· Attends Cancer Committee, Cancer Conference and any and all sub-committee meetings as designated by the supervisor.
· Attends the necessary local, state, regional or national meetings to obtain or maintain the Certified Tumor Registrar credential, or continuing medical education credits.
Disseminates and obtains data in accordance with HIPAA regulations and professional ethics.
Performs related duties, as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Associate Degree, preferred.
· Certification as a Tumor Registrar, required.
· Prior hospital cancer registry experience, preferred.