Req Number 001AQB
Job Category Medical Affairs
Lead and manage the daily operations of the residency/fellowship program ensuring the successful implementation of program objectives maintaining databases, recruiting residents, and promoting effective working relationships with faculty and residents. Responsible for assisting the development of program policies, procedures and system processes that are compliant with ACGME/AOA/CPME/CODA guidelines.
1. Provides administrative and logistical coordination of all aspects of medical education programming in the department.
2. Assists maintaining program accreditation with ACGME and applicable Councils.
Prepares and coordinatesmaterials and resources for ACGME self-study and site visit reviews.
Assists in reviewing,assessing, developing, implementing and enforcing program-specific policiesas required by the ACGME and other accrediting bodies;
Maintains, monitors andcompletes all required updates on applicable websites, surveys andelectronic databases.
3. Prepares, monitors and disseminates faculty and resident rotations, on-call coverage, work hours and vacation schedules.
4. Organizes and oversees all aspects of courses, conferences, alumni and graduation events.
Assists with travelarrangements, itineraries including processing honoraria and travel/expensereimbursements.
Ensures that applicable eventsalign with established CME guidelines.
Staffs events as needed toensure a high-quality experience and assists the GME Office with systemwide orientation events.
5. Monitors and coordinates evaluation process to ensure ACGME milestone evalutations are captured.
Collects various evaluations onbehalf of housestaff as required by the individual accreditation programrequirements.
Coordinate PEC meetings anddocuments minutes and action plans.
Assists with completion ofAnnual Program Evaluation (APE) module and ensures submission to OAA.
Compiles all required documentsto ensure Clinical Competence Committee (CCC) functions to ProgramRequirements and standards of the Next Accreditation System.
6. Plans, manages and executes annual residency and/or fellowship recruitment processes, documentation and events.
7. Coordinates annual appointment, credentialing and on-boarding process for existing and new residents and fellows to ensure effective navigation of on-boarding process.
8. Organizes medical student rotations and works with staff at Hofstra NSLIJ School of Medicine to ensure student process is standardized.
9. Performs related duties, as required.
· Associates degree, required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, education or related field, preferred.
· Minimum of three (3) years experience in program coordination within a health care organization, required.
· Working knowledge of policies, procedures and systems related to Office of Academic Affairs, ACGME/AOA/CPME/CODA, ERAS and NRMP, required.
· Knowledgeable of accreditation, residency board and GME requirements.
· Knowledge of New Innovations or other residency management suite.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Programs, required.