Req Number 001FCE
Job Category Information Technology
As a Coordinator you will coordinate the activities of Faculty Practice Coding and Compliance Department. Work collaboratively with the Corporate Compliance Office to perform coding reviews and functions as an objective reviewer and evaluator of coding and compliance issues. Lead and guide lower level Compliance Coordinators.
• Ensures complete and accurate coding by conducting periodic auditing.
• Implements a Faculty Practice Coding and Compliance Program including controls and compliance measurements consistent with corporate policies/procedures to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
• Utilizes IDX and related modules to obtain, analyze and interpret coding, denial and other reimbursement data to support compliance and practice management activities.
• Coordinates the scheduling and implementation of internal audit schedules and annual compliance work plans with the Corporate Compliance office.
• Works collaboratively with Practice Revenue Managers of various clinical departments to ensure correlation of information on superbills with rendered clinical services. Works on most complex assignments. Makes recommendations for improvement to physician practices as necessary.
• Works collaboratively with Faculty Practice Management to create, support, and maintain committees related to compliance activities.
• Oversees the work of department Coders for accuracy and compliance.
• Leads and guides lower level Coding Compliance Coordinators.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Knowledge of Health Information Administration or related field, as normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Credentials in one or more of the following:
-Advanced Coding Specialist (ACS)
-Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P)
-Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
-Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
-Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
• Minimum of five (5) years related work experience including supervisory experience, required.