Req Number 001J3Y
Job Category Security
The Security Officer protects and safeguards hospital property, personnel, patients and visitors. Maintains order, detects crime and works to prevent future occurrences; operates hospital vehicles; enforces Hospital Security policies.
Patrols and monitors buildings and grounds to protect life and property and to prevent fire, thefts, vandalism, illegal entry and enforce hospital policies.
Enforces access control policy. Secures doors, locks, etc. and activates or de-activates alarms, as required.
Controls and regulates pedestrian and vehicular traffic in a safe, orderly and respectful manner.
Operates and maintains facility vehicles in accordance with regulatory compliance and policies.
Operates and maintains all security and facility equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines and facility policies.
Writes incident report in accordance with policies and procedures to document events.
Checks contents of packages.
Restrains patients and unruly persons, on the hospital grounds and in buildings; assists security personnel in the performance of their duties, through the use of physical force, when required.
Reports all fire hazards and safety violations. Escorts Hospital personnel, as required.
Performs related duties, as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• Valid NYS Security Guard License, required.
• Valid NYS Drivers License
• Valid NYS CDL Permit (Class B-with Passenger Certification valid for air brakes) within six (6) months of employment, required based on the operational needs of a specific Business Unit.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) or equivalent certification within orientation period, required.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Security Officer, preferred.