Req Number 001GTB
Job Category Medical Clerical/Secretarial
Performs registration and/or billing, collection and third party reimbursement functions supporting operational needs of the department.
• Schedules and confirms patient appointments and arrival.
• Obtains and records necessary demographic and insurance information.
• Sets up, retrieves and files patient charts, as required.
• Verifies insurance coverage and other related data with third party carriers.
• Collects any monies due from patient at time of service.
• Answers phones, obtains and provides necessary information and takes messages.
• Completes, processes and reconciles insurance claim forms.
• Inputs charges, payments and adjustments to computerized system or posting to manual records.
• Prepares payment journals and/or bank deposits for all collections.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• Prior registration and/or third party insurance billing experience, required.
• Data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
• Ability to communicate effectively.