Req Number 00142R
Job Category Information Technology
Supports the development and planning of the North Shore LIJ Business Continuity Program (BCP) including the development of planning strategies, program methodology, policies, standards and recovery plans. Supports development of ongoing execution of user based recovery reviews/exercises and provides governance oversight to ensure compliance with the Health System Business Continuity Policy. Develops business continuity plans for Hospitals, Medical Group Practices and Information System departments.
Develops, maintains, and implements business continuity strategies and solutions, including business assessments, process impact analyses, and documentation of recovery procedures.
Works with management to develop contingency plans, mitigating the effect of an information system or application failure.
Reviews continuity plans and procedures to ensure inclusion of relevant business requirements, technology systems, emergency management and relocation capabilities to accommodate user recovery.
Participates in enhancing, formalizing and standardizing business continuity planning process including forecasting and tracking mechanisms to facilitate program governance.
Reviews and provides guidance on (BCP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) documentations, plans, policies and departmental procedures.
Reviews Health System Application Service Providers (ASP) recovery capabilities against user requirements.
Advises and assists management with DR/BCP matters supporting overall program to ensure continuity of operations for the Health System.
Guides the DR/BCP test/exercise planning and determining the annual compliance requirements (e.g. legal obligations to conduct a certain number and type of exercises each year).
Ensures annual plan maintenance (plans/testing/change updates) takes place with periodic reviews to ascertain effectiveness and recoverability.
Participates in technology assessments and governance reviews to ensure system recovery capabilities meet user expectations.
Develops and provides formal Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery awareness training.
Assists with drafting departmental policies, organizational standards, procedures and guidelines supporting DR and BCP.
Supports and maintains application inventories and application tier classifications.
Conduct DR/BCP Application Service Provider (ASP) reviews and contract assessments.
Ensures plans are prepared to a consistent level of quality, accuracy and completeness to support NSLIJ’s Business Continuity planning framework.
Supports Emergency Preparedness Program planning framework, communication tools and recovery plan for Information Services staff.
Develops and coordinates annual plan reviews and tabletop exercises with users to review recovery steps and confirm recovery objectives.
Ensures internal applications and vendor provided systems meet business recovery objectives.
Participates in external business continuity management organizations and keep abreast of industry best practices and trends.
Performs related duties, as required.
• Working experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
• Clinical experience and clinical systems knowledge is preferred.
• Knowledge of Ancillary patient care is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related technology field, required, AND a minimum of five (5) years in business continuity/disaster recovery program support experience, required.
High School Diploma or equivalent, required, AND a minimum of eight (8)
years progressively responsible Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity
• Experience in a healthcare environment, preferred.
• Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP) or Associated Disaster Recovery Planner (ADRP) accreditation, preferred.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of current business planning techniques and technologies, including risk and business impact methodologies, required.
• Project management skills, required.
• Analytical and organization skills and ability to develop and implement complex plans, required
• Strong knowledge and application of Business Continuity Management professional practices, required.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills; time management, multi-tasking and ability to adapt to changing priorities.