Req Number 001GKP
Job Category Nursing Support
As an Echocardiography Technologist you will perform transthoracic echocardiographic studies. Assist cardiologist during transesophageal echocardiographic studies. Maintain records and log studies performed.
• Performs echocardiographic and cardiac Doppler studies and prepares quantitative calculations.
• Assists cardiologist during transesophageal echocardiographic studies.
• Delivers preliminary echo impressions to physicians, as requested.
• Maintains records and logs of studies performed.
• Performs minor repairs and frequent calibration checks and adjusts ultrasound equipment when necessary.
• High School diploma or equivalent, required.
• Graduate of an approved program in echocardiography or ultrasound, required.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience performing echocardiographic and cardiac Doppler studies, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.