Req Number 001FUW
Job Category Physician Assistant
Performs a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for admission, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and outcome evaluation. Participates in performance improvement, research and educational activities.
1. Takesinitial patient histories and performs physical examinations.
2. Initiates,documents and communicates the plan of care and follows-up to ensure completescreening and preparation of patients.
3. Performsdaily patient rounds.
4. Writesorders for medications, laboratory work and diagnostic tests. Interprets laboratory and test results.
5. Conferswith attending physicians, residents, nursing staff and/or other careproviders to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
6. Upon discharge, notes dischargesummaries, prescriptions and any referrals on patient charts. Informs patients of the necessarypost-discharge care instructions.
7. Performsrelated duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
· Bachelor’s Degree, required.
· Graduate of an accredited(Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs (ARC-PA)program, required.
· LicensedPhysician Assistant (LPA) by the New York State Department of Education,required.
· CurrentNCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the Certification ofPhysician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
· CurrentBLS and ACLS certification, required.