Req Number 001E38
Job Category Pharmacy
Opening Position at : South Oaks Hospital
400 Sunrise Highway, Amityville NY 11701
Compounds and dispenses medicine and preparations requested. Prepares and sterilizes medications manufactured in hospital. Furnishes information concerning medications to physicians and nurses. Assists in purchasing supplies, preparing of reports, and maintaining of records and other related duties.
• Fills and labels prescriptions for inpatients, outpatients and personnel.
• Supervises dispensing of ward stock drugs for nursing stations and other departments.
• Replenishes drugs stocked in emergency stat tray
• Dispenses ward stock control drugs and maintains inventory records.
• Makes periodic checks of drugs stored at nursing stations and in other departments.
• Does extemporaneous prescription compounding.
• Does bulk compounding of stock products used in hospital
• Maintains basic drug stocks used in compounding.
• Packages and labels compounding supplies.
• Maintains manufacturing records and controls.
• Maintains equipment, basic chemicals and utensils used in production.
• Manufactures and dispenses ophthalmic solutions; sterile surgical solutions, local and topical; sterile small volume injectable solutions; and sterile large volume parenteral solutions.
• Supervision of containers and closure stock
• Supervision of cleansing and sterilization of glassware, containers and equipment.
• Supervision of labeling, manufacturing records and control records
• Dilution of antibiotics, and sterile products prescriptions.
• Operation of special equipment used in manufacturing of solutions.
• Supervises work of pharmacy intern and technician.
• Assists with purchasing of supplies.
• Maintains complete records as required by department.
• Furnishes information concerning medications to physicians and nurses.
• May instruct student nurses in courses in materia medica and pharmacology.
Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy, required.
Current license to practice Pharmacy in New York State.
Minimum one (1) year experience in hospital pharmacy.
Knowledge of Pyxis® Automated Dispensing, preferred.
*Evening and weekend availability is required; shifts may vary